Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Through this window

This window could very well be the reason we moved into this house. I loved it upon first walking into the dining room- seeing so much of the outside it allowed in.
And, everyday, (though I still dream and hope for having just a little more land closer to where J teaches)...

I am grateful. 
I am grateful to look out of it in winter and see our snow covered maple trees (which we have plans to tap come March). I am grateful for the children's mindful watching, looking and seeking done as their faces and hands smudge the cold glass. I am doubley grateful for the questions that then follow. I am grateful for the red cardinal's pecking tail as he chirps and scittishly looks for seed. I am grateful for the abundace of light it shines into the space in which we eat, learn and create.  I am grateful for how simple panes of glass (many of which are the blurry originals) can keep the cold out and let nature's small and big changes in, around and among us as we live.






I plan to share some of the learning moments that happen at this very window in some upcoming posts. We shall have to see.

1 comment:

  1. It's good to remember to be grateful for the simple things. I also love big windows and the way they invite the outdoors to join us inside. I came to your blog from a comment you left on the 'simple things' blog, and I'm so glad I did. I enjoyed your post and photos about syruping! My husband and I dream of homesteading so I am living vicariously through homesteading bloggers for now. I think I'd like to homeschool but we have time as our little ones are just 2 years and almost 1. Winter blues are raging here but there are signs of Spring!
    I'm a new follower and I look forward to future visits here!
    http://mamabubbles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete